Department of Education
The mission of the Coushatta Department of Education is to address the educational needs of the Coushatta Tribal Members from pre-school throughout higher education. This is accomplished through the following programs:
- Tribal Preschool – A pre-kindergarten program for Coushatta children that helps them develop to their full potential and prepare them for public and/or private school.
- K-12 Student Program – Addresses the needs of the Coushatta students in grades K-12 by providing support with school supplies and involvement in the public school programs.
- Private School Program – Provides financial assistance to those students whose parents wish to educate them through private schools.
- After-School Tutoring Program – Encourages students by providing this opportunity to improve learning skills and complete their education.
- Higher Education Program – Provides financial assistance to Coushatta students attending a college or university.
- Adult Vocational Training Program – Provides financial assistance to Coushatta students who choose to pursue vocational training.
- Continuing Education – Provides workshops for Tribal members on various subjects so that they may continue to develop their interests and true potential.